Ethics are referred to as that basic code of conduct which demarcates the tolerable and intolerable modes. Although it is a principle which is mainly learned during childhood either from parents or from teachers yet many people don’t take it seriously in their real life. It hardly matters how genius you are and how good you scored in your academics, but if you are ethically disturbed nothing will work out for you.
Ethics are necessary in every field whether it is your personal concern or professional matters. Ethics in research are an inevitable apprehension. Let’s have a look at what exactly research ethical means and how it helps in achieving the real sense of research? –
- Work Honestly – Working and presenting plagiarized matter is extremely easy, but at the end it means nothing. So, you should work honestly by presenting real data’s and content, your matter should not be falsified, fake or erroneous.
- Be trustworthy – Your university has given you a chance to pursue your doctorate among thousands so you should be trustworthy towards it. You should never use any unfair means for your first hand research paper and should not sell it out just for a few bugs.
- Be Objective – Avoid preconceived notion before writing your paper. Focus on the objective of your research and work on real data analysis, experimentation, interpretation and other forms of research. Curtail biases or disclosure of your own data’s.
- Be careful – Be aware and alert while writing your paper. Avoid blundering and carefully analyze your and others work too, as you can learn much by observing. Keep a back up of all your work may it be data collection or result interpretation.
- Be helpful – You should be open to guide others and help them in case they are stuck. You can mentor and guide your fellow scholars in their research.
Hence, these were some basic ethics in research that can help you in presenting and maintaining your research integrity.